Milborne Port Community Swimming Pool
The swimming pool now has a new on line booking website, at http://milborneportpool.co.uk/mpcsp/...
Facts & Figures
- The Milborne Port Community Swimming Pool, which is run entirely by volunteers, is in the grounds of the Primary School, but is very much open to the whole community.
- The school use the pool for lessons for 3 afternoons a week between May and September. After school, at weekends & during the holidays the pool is available for hire by the community.
- During weekends & holidays the pool is available to hire for £12 per hour from 10am-7pm & during term time, after school from 3.30-5.30pm. Bookings and payment by the community are managed via website https://milborneportpool.co.uk/mpcsp/.
- We also run a summer swim school every year, which is well supported by the school & wider community.
- The volunteers check the chemicals twice daily 7 days a week. They manage the booking system and maintain the Milborne Port Community Swimming Pool Facebook page.
- The pool was first opened in 1981 as an open-air pool. In 1994 a poly-tunnel was put over the pool. After approximately 20 Years the polytunnel was damaged by storms and had to be removed.
- A working party linked to the school PTFA was created to replace the polytunnel with a permanent structure. After approximately 2 years of fundraising and generous donations and grants we have now refurbished the pool and erected a permanent structure over the pool.
- We are planning on improving the flooring around the pool in the autumn and will be investigating grants to assist with the cost of this (around £6,000).
- We are always keen to welcome further volunteers to assist with the maintaining of the pool or who can provide any financial assistance. If there is any way that you can help us please let us know! This is very much a COMMUNITY PROJECT, which can benefit & be enjoyed by our whole community! We are very lucky to have such a lovely swimming pool in our village!