The Beeches Pre-School aims to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment, ensuring that the children who attend are given opportunities to reach their full potential. Positive relationships and a language rich environment will be developed by the strong and experienced team. Exploring outdoors, as well as indoors will nurture knowledge and create a stimulating and enriching environment, enabling all children to grow and develop.
From September 2022 The Beeches Pre-School will become part of Milborne Port Primary School. This will enable us to ensure that our children begin their school life in the best possible way. Being a Pre-School on the school site brings the benefits of the familiarity with the school environment, before your child starts school, along with being familiar with the school teachers and teaching assistants who will make visits into the Pre-School.
Being based on the school site enables the use of many of the facilities. We regularly use the school playground and school field to extend our outdoor space. As well as this space, we are planning to use the outdoor meadow on Wheathill Way as from September2022, along with regular walks within the village. We plan to use the village library bus and there is the potential for using the school swimming pool in the summer of 2023.
EYFS provision within Beeches
- To become a Confident Communicator - who listens to others asking relevant questions, talking in sentences, and expressing their feelings extending their vocabulary.
- To become a Proud Performer – who engages in role play taking on a role using expressions and confidence, reciting vocabulary from familiar stories and rhymes.
- To become an Independent Individual – who follows rules and instructions, starting to become more independent in self-care.
- To become a Fantastic Friend – who is kind, caring and helpful. Becoming considerate of others feelings playing co-operatively.
- To become an Amazing Athlete – who can move freely and with confidence in a range of ways.
- To become a Talented Tool User – who can use a range of tools safely and with confidence, who can hold a pencil and has control of movements.
- To become a Brilliant Bookworm – who has a love for books being read to them and looking at them independently.
- To become a Wow Writer – who has good pencil control and is beginning to form letters.
- To become a Master of Maths – who shows an understanding of numbers to 10, having shape and number recognition using mathematical language.
- To become a Dynamic Designer – who uses tools safely to make their creation, talking about what they have made, how and why.
- To become an Exceptional Explorer – who can show curiosity about the world and surroundings, noticing differences.
- To become a Compassionate Citizen – who shows care for their environment and community, and has an awareness of other cultures and beliefs.
The Beeches Pre-School Kit List
These are some items that it would be helpful for your child to have with them whilst attending The Beeches Pre-School.
- a named coat, weather permitting, or a named sun hat. Please apply sun cream before the Pre-School day.
- a named all-in-one waterproof and named wellies would be beneficial, as we will be outside in all weathers.
- spare clothes for the day - at least one full change and several if potty training!
- nappies, wipes and nappy sacks if applicable
Please don’t send your child dressed in their best clothes; we want them to have fun getting messy. We will provide aprons.
Clothes that aid in their independence during toilet training are beneficial and help in preparation for school readiness.
Please send your child in wearing appropriate footwear.
Thank you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Food and drink provision
If staying for lunch , then every day your child will need to bring a healthy packed lunch. This needs to contain a small amount of healthy food not large amounts, as these can be quite off putting for young children.
Some examples would be:
- a small sandwich/something savoury
- fruit and/ or veg pieces
Please avoid sending in chocolate and we do not allow items bought from a sweet counter or any items containing nuts.
A named water bottle containing water, is required every day, so that your child has free access to water during their sessions.
Mid-morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
We promote healthy eating at The Beeches Pre-School and we will feed back to you any concerns that we may arise with your child’s lunch/eating habits.
Pre-School Manager – Katie Keirl
Katie has worked in childcare for 20 years as well as having her own three children. She has a wealth of experience with all ages of children and loves the outdoors!
She holds a Certificate of higher education level 4, Diploma in child care and education level 3, Paediatric first aid, Advanced Safeguarding (DSL) and Food Hygiene.
Pre-School Deputy Manager – Alison Crook
Alison has vast experience of working with children particularly pre-school and will be joining us in September 2022.
She holds her level 6 BA Hons, Level 5 Degree in Early Years qualifications, Paediatric first aid, Food hygiene, Advanced Safeguarding (DSL) and will be the pre-school's SENCo.
Pre-School Assistant – Faye Creighton
Faye has been working at The Beeches since 2015 and has experience working in a variety of pre-school settings.
She holds an NVQ level 3, Paediatric first aid and Safeguarding.
Pre-School Assistant – Debbie O’Hare
Debbie has worked with children of all ages but her passion is in the early years, she will be joining us in September 2022
She holds her NNEB and has a vast experience of working with children with SEN
Also gaining her level 3 certificate in Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Debbie is trained in Makaton sign language
Pre-School Assistant – Amy Bowen
Amy is passionate in early years and has been a familiar face within the school, volunteering to gain her level 2 certificate in supporting teaching and learning in schools.
Amy is trained in First Aid and Safeguarding.
All staff within the setting have an enhanced DBS check.
The Beeches Fees
If you wish to enquire about a place at The Beeches for your child, please fill in the form below
Milborne Port, Somerset DT9 5EP
milborneportprimary@MPPrimary.co.uk and Homelearningmpps@MPPrimary.co.uk