Terms and conditions
Milborne Port Swimming Pool – Conditions of Hire
Any problems or damage should be reported IMMEDIATELY to the Pool Team on the number below
(otherwise you could be held responsible):
0333 090 5563
- Hirers must be over 25 years of age. A hirer can be responsible for up to 4 other family children. Additional children must be accompanied by a family adult. The ratio of one family adult to four family children applies throughout the period of hire. There must be a responsible parent / guardian present throughout the booking.
- The hirer is responsible for the pool and its surroundings throughout the period of hire and agrees to leave it, as found, in a clean and tidy condition and to remove all rubbish.
- The hirer must respect the neighbours at all times i.e. no excessive noise. Any behaviour, which is likely to cause a nuisance or is dangerous to others, should be stopped immediately. Please avoid opening windows on the side furthest from school, to minimise noise to neighbours.
- The hirer must make themselves familiar with all pool signs and with the Normal Operating Procedures, (NOP) and the Emergency Action Plan, (EAP) – copies of which are kept with the first aid box on the poolside. Groups or clubs hiring the pool must provide a signature to show these documents have been read.
- The hirer must have a fully charged mobile phone in case of an emergency.
- If the pool becomes contaminated with vomit, blood or any other bodily excretion during the session the pool should be evacuated immediately and the relevant people informed by calling the number above.
- There will be regular poolside checks by members of the Chemical Team, so do not be alarmed if this happens during your session.
- General Rules:
- Diving, jumping in and running around the pool are forbidden.
- There is to be no use of shared equipment, and hirers are to bring any floats (etc.) of their own.
- Use of large inflatables is forbidden
- The pool must not be used in poor light, if the water appears unclear or if the weather turns stormy and lightening threatens.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are forbidden around the pool area.
- Handrails must not be stood on to climb out of the pool – always use the steps.
- Rescue poles are for emergency use only and must not be played with or removed from pool area.
- No more than a maximum of 20 people at any one time.
- The outside pool gate must be locked after use.
- Do not tamper with the cover and roller.
- Only open the top windows when necessary and if possible, avoid opening windows on side furthest from school. Windows can be left open or closed, but do not try forcing them shut.
Milborne Port, Somerset DT9 5EP
milborneportprimary@MPPrimary.co.uk and Homelearningmpps@MPPrimary.co.uk