Milborne Port Community Swimming Pool
The swimming pool now has a new on line booking website, at https://milborneportpool.co.uk
Facts & Figures
- The Milborne Port Community Swimming Pool, which is run entirely by volunteers, is in the grounds of the Primary School, but is very much open to the whole community.
- The school use the pool for lessons during the school day between April and September. After school, at weekends & during the holidays the pool is available for hire by the community.
- The pool is available to hire for £18 per hour Term time (Mon-Fri) 3:30pm – 5:30pm and Weekends & Holidays 10:00am – 6:00pm . Bookings and payment by the community are managed via website https://milborneportpool.co.uk/
- The volunteers check the chemicals twice daily 7 days a week. They manage the booking system and maintain the Milborne Port Community Swimming Pool Facebook page.
- The pool was first opened in 1981 as an open-air pool. In 1994 a poly-tunnel was put over the pool. After approximately 20 Years the polytunnel was damaged by storms and had to be removed.
- A working party linked to the school PTFA was created to replace the polytunnel with a permanent structure. After approximately 2 years of fundraising and generous donations and grants we have now refurbished the pool and erected a permanent structure over the pool.
- The Pool floor was renovated in 2019.
- We are always keen to welcome further volunteers to assist with the maintaining of the pool or who can provide any financial assistance. If there is any way that you can help us please let us know! We are very lucky to have such a lovely swimming pool in our village!
Follow us on:
Click the pictures below for larger images
Milborne Port, Somerset DT9 5EP
firstname.lastname@example.org and Homelearningmpps@educ.somerset.gov.uk